Prepare for your trip to Cherai, Kerala, India
You must have a passport valid for at least 6 months on the date of arrival in India.
VisaYou will need to apply for a visa:
- e-Visa online, valid 60 days from your arrival in India (about 89 €). This is the easiest, cheapest and quickest way of obtaining a visa for your holiday.
- Tourist visa, valid for 6 months after arrival (about 130 €). You need to go through a provider VFS VISA.
MoneyIn India, especially in Cherai, Cash is King. Bring Euros or Pounds, preferably in large denominations. It is forbidden to import and export rupees (no exchange in France). You can carry up to the equivalent of USD 5,000 per person without declaration to customs.
You can change your currency into rupees upon arrival. It is easy to exchange currencies qt favourable interest rates in the village.
Making withdrawals of cashYou can withdraw on average 10,000 INR, or about 150 Euros / 120 GBP per transaction.
There are ATMs in the city and often charge for cash withdrawals in addition to your banks charges*.
*In India the rate of commission charged by banks is high up to 2 to 2.8% of the invoice amount.
Pay with your credit card
Visa International is accepted at Gabi on the Sea. We also accept transfers via transfer through third parties. This is often simpler, cheaper and faster than your bank. Transferwise is a preferred provider: transferwize
It is highly recommended to have your standard vaccines up to date:
- Tetanus (very recommended)
- Typhoid fever (possible in combination with hepatitis A)
- Hepatitis A (very recommended)
- Hepatitis B (very recommended)
- Whooping cough
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)
The C-FORM is a police book for hotels. It must be filled in on arrival. So not to bother you with administrative hassle on your arrival, we will send you an email to be filled in at home.